Mobile World Congress: ESET to Showcase ESET Mobile Security Solution for Android Smartphones and Tablets
ESET, the leader in proactive protection against cyber-threats, will hold a premiere at the GSMA Mobile World Congress showcasing its portfolio of products for mobile devices. Held in Barcelona, the event is the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry. ESET will present its products from February 27 until March 1, 2012, which will be introduced by the company’s top mobile security experts. The theme for the 2012 congress is Redefining Mobile.
According to the findings of the Online Security Brand Tracker*, a global research project commissioned by ESET and carried out by InSites Consulting (October-November 2011), with analysis conducted by United Consultants, 36% of the internet users worldwide are connecting to the Internet using smartphone, 19% using basic mobile phone and 10% using tablet. These portable devices store not only sensitive personal data but also proprietary business information l – similar to that stored on desktop workstations. According to OSBT, 16% of those surveyed reported loss of personal data due to security incidents they were exposed to.
ESET’s booth will feature its flagship product for mobile devices - ESET Mobile Security for Android, which can now be used for Android-based tablets. This anti-malware solution combines the efficient NOD32 Antivirus scanning engine with an advanced anti-spam solution and packs advanced anti-theft functions to provide users with a real-time protection on the go . All the smartphone security functions are available for tablets, provided that they support calling and messaging.
With ESET Mobile Security, the company now offers advanced protection for all three operating systems −Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android (for this OS both for smartphones and tablets). “Worldwide smartphone sales to end users soared to 149 million units in the fourth quarter of 2011, a 47.3 per cent increase from the fourth quarter of 2010,“ according to a global analytical firm Gartner. “Total smartphone sales in 2011 reached 472 million units and accounted for 31 percent of all mobile devices sales, up 58 percent from 2010,” Gartner added. The Android OS accounted for 50.9 percent of smartphone sales to end users in the fourth quarter of 2011.
ESET Mobile Security for Android: 11 Key Features and Benefits**
• Proactive detection ̶ Warns of any suspicious activity against your phone. All applications, files, folders and SD memory cards are continually scanned for emerging threats.
• SMS/MMS Antispam ̶ Allows the user to define trustworthy contacts via customizable black- or whitelist or to simply block messages from unknown numbers. An additional security layer blocks anonymous calls.
• Call Blocking ̶ Blocks unwanted calls in both directions – incoming and outgoing. This is a powerful tool especially suitable for parents to keep their children’s phone bills in check.
• Security Audit with Built-in Task Manager ̶ Provides information about all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility.
• Fresh, New User Interface ̶ Tailor-made graphics and layout for enhanced Android experience.
• Anti-Theft Security System ̶ Multiple layers of security that allows users to maintain perfect control over phone-stored data in the event of device loss or theft .
• GPS Localization ̶ Locates lost or stolen phone by remote command.
• Remote Lock ̶ Blocks your phone remotely to prevent unauthorized access to phone’s data.
• Remote Wipe ̶ Deletes all phone-stored data remotely using a simple SMS command.
• Uninstall Protection ̶ Secures the smartphone against unauthorized un-installation of Mobile Security.
• Trusted Friend - A contact or a telephone number that will receive an alert SMS if an unknown SIM card is inserted into the phone. Trusted friend is able to reset the user’s forgotten password if needed.
* Online Security Brand Tracker wave 6 is a global research project measuring brand performance of leading security software products in the home user segment. The survey is representative of 1.8 billion internet users across six continents. Its objective is to gain knowledge of the current situation and trends on key markets; obtain market information and interpretations to manage sales and marketing activities of ESET, as well as technological development of its products. The number of selected countries was 49; field work was carried out by InSites Consulting (Belgium) on online panels of respondents, with analysis conducted by United Consultants (Slovakia) throughout October– November 2011).
**ESET Mobile Security for Android is available in selected markets only. For additional information, please visit the local ESET website. Some features are not available for tablets which do not support calling and messaging.
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. The Company pioneered, and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore. ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Prague (Czech Republic), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network for 180 countries.