ESET Announces Release Candidates of ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5
ESET, the leader in proactive protection against cyber-threats, today moved closer to the final release of ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5, making the Release Candidate version available at ESET.com. RC version is the final step of public testing ahead of the final product’s release slated for late in the third quarter of 2011.
RC versions of ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 offer many advanced features and benefits that were tested in the products’ BETA versions. These, among others, include ESET Cloud-Powered Reputation, Optimized Startup Procedure, Enhanced Media Control, upgrade to Graphic User Interface and Gaming Mode. Additionally, ESET Smart Security 5 RC provides Improved Antispam, Intelligent Firewall and Parental Control. These and other features bring several improvements in comparison with the BETA version.
Selected new ESET Smart Security 5 RC and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 RC features:
- Enhanced Media Control - Blocks threats trying to get through to the system via removable media. ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 automatically prompts the user to scan the content of all USB flash drives, CDs and DVDs. Specific media can be blocked based on a range of parameters like the device ID, media type, and serial number.
- ESET Cloud-Powered Reputation - Enhanced detection power and scanning speed using advanced reputation service and ESET’s system of malware collection and analysis.
- Optimized Startup Procedure - ESET Smart Security 5/ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 lets the user start working on the computer immediately after boot-up, without compromising security.
- Gaming Mode - When in full-screen mode, ESET Smart Security 5/ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 automatically switches to silent mode to conserve system resources, so users can enjoy playing computer games or concentrate on important work tasks without distractions from pop-up messages.
- Improved Graphic User Interface - The graphical environment has undergone a number of usability and design modifications aiming to enhance the overall user experience.
ESET Smart Security 5 RC additionally offers:
- Parental Control - Blocks sites that may contain potentially offensive material. In addition, parents can prohibit access to up to 20 pre-defined website categories.
- Improved Antispam - Antispam module integrated into ESET Smart Security has undergone a thorough optimization process for an even higher level of detection precision.
- Intelligent Firewall - Prevents unauthorized users from accessing your computer remotely and monitoring your network traffic.
ESET thanks its users for taking part in the ESET BETA program. If you have experienced any problems, or would like to submit feedback, please fill in the form on this page: http://www.eset.com/gr-en/beta/form/
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. The Company pioneered, and continues to lead, the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution headquarters in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore. ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Prague (Czech Republic), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network in 180 countries.