ESET begins phasing out server products based on the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7
BRATISLAVA - As of today - February 1, 2011 - ESET will begin phasing out server products based on the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 engine. The server software will be removed from the ESET website and will no longer be sold. Customers will continue to be protected with signature updates until February 1, 2012.
Discontinuation of version 2.7 server products:
Sever products affected:
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Novell Netware
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Dell Network Attached Storage
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server V 2.7*
- ESET Mail/File/Gateway Security for Linux/BSD/Solaris V2.7*
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Kerio Connect (Mail Server), V2.7 Linux version*
February 1, 2011: The server software listed above will be removed from the ESET websites (marked as “archive”), ESET will no longer sell (*provide) the server software above
February 1, 2012: Virus signature database updates for the above software will be discontinued, ESET will no longer provide technical support for the above software
Upgrade path for the discontinued server products:
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Novell Netware – Novell NetWare services were ported to the Linux platform and transitioned to Open Enterprise Server. ESET File Security for Linux provides improved security and deeper functionality for Novell Open Enterprise Server.
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino – current customers can upgrade to ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino to be released in the second half of 2011.
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Dell Network Attached Storage – current customers can upgrade to ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Dell Power Vault Storage & planned ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server – current customers can upgrade to ESET Mail Security 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server within the valid license.
- ESET Mail/File/Gateway Security for Linux/BSD/Solaris V 2.7 – current customers can upgrade to ESET Mail/File/Gateway Security for Linux/BSD/Solaris V 3.0 within the valid license
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Kerio Connect (formerly Mail Server) V 2.7 Linux version – current customer can upgrade to the new generation of Linux Mail Security V3.0 which do support integration with Kerio Connect / Mail Server within the valid license.
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for the home and business segment. The industry leader in proactive malware detection, ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100 Awards," never to have missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998.
ESET has headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia and offices in San Diego, USA; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Prague, Czech Republic; Singapore and an extensive partner network in more than 180 countries. In 2008, ESET has opened a new research center in Krakow, Poland. ESET was named by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the region of Europe, Middle East and Africa.