ESET Announces Release Candidate Version of ESET Mobile Security for Android Smartphones
ESET, the leader in proactive protection, is moving forward in the testing and release process of ESET Mobile Security for Android platform. Starting today, ESET Mobile Security for Android is available as Release Candidate version. With ESET Mobile Security, ESET offers advanced protection for three operating systems including Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android. The Release Candidate version is available to download from the company’s website, ESET.com.
According to recent research estimate by Gartner, smartphone sales globally will reach 468 million units this year and by the end of the year, “Android will move to become the most popular operating system worldwide and will build on its strength to account for 49 percent of the smartphone market by 2012.” According to the data based on Gartner 2011 prediction, ESET Mobile Security will be available for more than 60 percent units on the market.
"Android is rapidly becoming the market leader with an increasing number of smartphone users turning to devices with this operating system. The popularity among mobile phone users goes hand-in-hand with its popularity among cyber-criminals," elaborates Miroslav Majtaz, Mobile Security Product Manager at ESET. "ESET Mobile Security for Android, Release Candidate brings several new useful improvements adding to the feature portfolio of the product’s BETA version," he says.
Improved Features of EMS for Android, RC Version
• Trusted friend - Trusted friend is a contact or a telephone number that can receive and Alert SMS after an unknown SIM card is inserted into the user’s phone; trusted friend is able to reset the user’s forgotten password if needed.
• Improved Antispam – Additional security layer blocks “Calling Line Identification Restriction (CLIR)“ calls.
Key Features and Benefits of ESET Mobile Security for Android RC Version
• Unique behaviour-based detection ̶ Warns about any suspicious activity against your phone. All applications, files, folders and SD memory cards are continually scanned for emerging threats.
• SMS/MMS Antispam ̶ Allows user to define trustworthy contacts via customizable black- or whitelist or to simply block messages from unknown numbers.
• Call Interceptor ̶ Blocks unwanted calls in both directions – incoming and outgoing, a powerful tool especially suitable for parents to keep their children’s phone bills in check.
• Security Audit with Built-in Task Manager ̶ Provides information about all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility.
• Fresh, New User Interface ̶ Tailor-made graphics and layout for enhanced Android experience.
• Anti-Theft Security System ̶ Multiple layers of security that allows users to maintain perfect control over data stored in the phone- in the event of the device being lost of stolen.
• GPS Localization ̶ Locates lost or stolen phone by a remote command.
• Remote Lock ̶ Blocks the phone remotely to prevent unauthorized access to your phone’s data.
• Remote Wipe ̶ Deletes all phone-stored data remotely using an SMS command.
• Uninstall Protection ̶ Secures the smartphone against unauthorized uninstallation of Mobile Security.
For additional information, please visit http://www.eset.com/beta/mobile-security-android/
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and home segment. The Company pioneered, and continues to lead, the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution headquarters in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore. ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Prague (Czech Republic), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network in 180 countries.