ESET Goes Beyond its Product Portfolio with ESET Secure Authentication: New Two-Factor One-Time Password Authentication System for Company Networks
ESET®, the leader in proactive digital protection - developing award-winning technology for more than 25 years, is announcing the release of ESET® Secure Authentication - a highly secure mobile two-factor one-time-password (2FA OTP) authentication system that makes use of end-users’ mobile phones when connecting to company networks. This simple and lightweight solution provides yet another layer to the authentication process besides the regular username/password. ESET Secure Authentication works with iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and 8, Windows Mobile and J2ME-based phones. The solution even supports authentication based on SMS messages thus supporting older mobile phones unable to run the application.
“ESET extends its product portfolio in the field of IT security to enhance its business products offering. Apart from its current Endpoint Solutions, it would like to focus on the increasingly needed solutions dealing with securing small and medium businesses’ assets and know-how. There exists a need for an easy and out-of-the box solution for SMBs not wanting to invest into costly hardware 2FA or not interested in deploying of a complicated solution. The product with minimal operational impact, no cumbersome hardware and deep integration with existing tools will fill in the market gap and provide exactly what the SMBs need,” says Ignacio Sbampato, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer.
ESET Secure Authentication is another addition to ESET portfolio of solutions protecting company data in the age of mobile technologies. While the business oriented ESET Endpoint Security for Android and the consumer focused ESET Mobile Security protect data within smartphones, ESET Secure Authentication ensures secure access to the company networks from mobile devices. It is a client/server system where the server provisions the one-time-password and the client displays it so the user can use it for authentication in a supported system.
“The new ESET Secure Authentication is a crucial addition to protecting the sensitive infrastructure and data of every company. Among the many benefits is easy setup, use and management and broad mobile platform support. The new product delivering 2FA authentication is especially suitable for SMBs as an add-in to their existing Outlook Web Access/App and VPN infrastructure,” says Peter Stančík, ESET IT Security Evangelist.
Designed to be very simple to install, easy to configure and convenient to manage, the solution by default integrates with the most broadly used services and protocols. ESET Secure Authentication offers protection for Outlook Web Access/App and RADIUS. The new product is tested and supported on Windows Server (2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012).
Highlights of Key Benefits
• Broad Mobile Platform Support: Users using most of the modern mobile devices including iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and 8, Windows Mobile, and J2ME-based phones can be protected via this solution. The preferred authentication vector is the ESET Secure Authentication mobile application. This application is downloaded to the end-user’s mobile phone, allowing generating secure, one-time passwords. As a bootstrapping and additional authentication vector, text-based SMS messages are supported for users who cannot install, or have not yet installed, the mobile application.
• Familiar Management Environment (MMC and ADUC plugin): Windows Administrators will value from an easy day-to-day Active Directory user-level administration that utilizes the familiar Active Directory Users & Computers management tool, as well as from the integration with the frequently used Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
• Protection of Outlook Web Access/App Endpoints: OWA is integrated with two-factor authentication via a native plugin which intercepts user communication until the user has successfully authenticated with their second factor.
• Protection of RADIUS Endpoints: RADIUS is the de facto standard protocol for user authentication in the VPN market. The RADIUS endpoint concentrates all RADIUS requests at one point, transferring the authentication requests to the core service.
• Automatic Configuration: Installation of the mobile application is designed to be simple and seamless, starting with a “double-click” installer. The user clicks on a link in a text message, which installs the application.
ESET Secure Authentication has been available in North America since February 21st 2013. It was presented at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, where ESET has participated. The product will be released in selected countries in Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America during 2013.
For further details on highlighted features and benefits, visit the ESET Secure Authentication product page
ESET®, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning NOD32® technology, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. For over 25 years, the Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. By obtaining the 75th VB100 award in September 2012, ESET NOD32® Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET has been selected as one of the most innovative companies in Europe for the 2011 HSBC European Business Awards and holds a number of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV-TEST and other organizations. ESET NOD32® Antivirus, ESET Smart Security® and ESET Cyber Security® (solution for Mac) are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; with offices in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Prague (Czech Republic). ESET® has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia) and an extensive partner network for more than 180 countries.