Newest ESET® Mobile Security Comes With Proactive Anti-Theft
New Proactive Anti-Theft Detects Potentially Dangerous Situations for the Android Device
ESET®, the global leader in proactive digital protection, today announced its newest version of ESET® Mobile Security, which arms Android users with proactive Anti-Theft features to track lost or stolen mobile devices, through an easy-to-use web interface at my.eset.com. While the basic protection is free for a lifetime, it’s up to users to decide if they want to subscribe and benefit from Premium features.
Proactive Anti-Theft detects potentially dangerous situations and takes preventative steps to ease the localization of stolen or lost device. The new functionality for Premium users sends the last location of the device when the battery hits critical level, takes snapshots from front and back camera when the wrong PIN/pattern is entered or an unauthorized SIM change is detected. All data on the device is accessible via the my.eset.com web interface.
“Today’s users rely on their mobile devices in both their personal and professional lives to communicate, store data and even make financial transactions. As well as being a stressful event, a missing or stolen device can put a lot of sensitive data at-risk,”
said Ignacio Sbampato, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at ESET.
“We received a lot of great feedback from our users on the importance of quick, efficient and easy device location and tracking, and we’re proud to launch our new and improved version of ESET Mobile Security with features to better protect their mobile devices.”
ESET Mobile Security provides set of strong security features improving the Android experience without worrying about cyber threats and comes in free and premium versions. The free version of the application provides basic protection including full device scan, scan of downloaded applications items and basic Anti-Theft functionalities. All Premium features are unlocked after activating of 30-day trial or buying the license. In the premium version users will find Scheduled scanning, On-Charger scan, advanced Proactive Anti-Theft functionalities, including my.eset.com integration, SMS&Call filter and Security Audit.
New Proactive Anti-Theft and My.eset.com Features:
- Integration with my.eset.com web interface for Android devices and Windows notebooks protected by ESET Smart Security
- SIM Matching - Receive remote commands even if an unauthorized SIM card is inserted.
- Location Tracking - Online management of Anti-Theft. Mark a device as missing on my.eset.com. The location of the device is displayed on a map in real-time so that the user can quickly pinpoint the device’s whereabouts.
- Suspicious state – Autonomous preventive action after a wrong PIN/pattern is entered or unauthorized SIM change detected
- Camera Snapshots - If the device is marked missing, snapshots are automatically and regularly sent from the phone’s front and back camera to my.eset.com to help identify its location.
- On Screen Message – Customizable message to potential device finder
- Low Battery – If the device hits critical battery level, the current position is sent to my.eset.com
- User IP Address Details – Listing of IP addresses that the device was connected to if marked as missing
ESET®, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning ESET NOD32® technology, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. For over 26 years, the Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. By obtaining the 80th VB100 award in June 2013, ESET NOD32 technology holds the record number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. In addition, ESET NOD32 technology holds the longest consecutive string of the VB100 awards of any AV vendor. ESET has also received a number of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV-TEST and other testing organizations and reviews. ESET NOD32® Antivirus, ESET Smart Security®, ESET Cyber Security® (solution for Mac), ESET® Mobile Security and IT Security for Business are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; with offices in Jena (Germany), Prague (Czech Republic) and Sao Paulo (Brazil). ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia) and an extensive partner network for more than 180 countries. More information is available via About ESET and Press Center.