ESET Announces Plan to Discontinue NOD32 Antivirus 2.7
ESET, a global provider of security solutions for enterprises and consumers, has announced a plan that will discontinue ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 and all previous releases of NOD32 Antivirus. Version 2.7 (supported by Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT will be removed from the ESET website, including product pages and e-Store on February 1st, 2010.
Virus Signature Database updates and Customer support for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 will be discontinued on February 1st, 2012.
ESET kindly recommends that customers take advantage of the free upgrade to the current ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4, which offers significantly improved protection, new features and improved configuration and scanning options.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 supports the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP 6 (works only with V4.2 with limited functionality)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP 4
- Microsoft Windows XP SP 3
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP 2
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Server 2000 (Business Edition)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Business Edition)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Business Edition)
What is new in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4?
- Removable Media Security – Scanning and access permissions for exchangeable media can be setup to prevent system infection by means of USB, floppy disc or CD.
- Informative Graphs and Statistics - Graphs depicting network communication (uploads/downloads), disc operations (writing on and reading from disc), as well as virus statistics are included and easily accessible from the GUI.
- System Tools – ESET SysInspector simplifies diagnosing and cleaning of infected systems by analyzing system processes, network connections, services, drivers from hidden threats and ESET SysRescue creates bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drive to help you repair an infected computer.
- Improved Cleaning - Now cleaning of problematic files is possible by using the solution’s own driver, which is activated immediately after startup of the computer and ensures reliable cleaning of malware.
- Self Defense - Protects our processes and registry keys against malware trying to disable or negatively affect the protection status of the computer
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for enterprises and consumers. Thanks to its ThreatSense.Net® technology, ESET is able to collect data on a volunteer basis from users all around the world, which helps us react quickly to emerging threats. ESET has offices in Bratislava, SK; Buenos Aires, AR; San Diego, USA and has an extensive partner network in 160 countries. In 2008, ESET has opened a new research center in Krakow, Poland. ESET was named by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the region of Europe, Middle East and Africa.