Beta Testing: ESET Mobile Security with SMS/MMS Blocking and Remote Wipe
ESET announces the start of public Beta testing of its new ESET Mobile Security product. Built for Smartphones and Pocket-PCs running Windows Mobile and Symbian operating systems, it delivers unparalleled data security and protection against emerging threats.
ESET Mobile Security brings the following benefits to users on the go:
- Proactive Detection ̶ The optimized heuristics of the ESET scanning engine ensures protection from current and emerging threats. ESET technology delivers unsurpassed security to mobile devices running Symbian and Windows Mobile operating systems.
- Quarantine ̶ Choose between deleting infiltrations right away or isolating them, with the restore option
- Broad Scanning Options ̶ Scanning and cleaning of the device’s integral memory as well as removable memory cards. It is also possible to check memory running processes. All files incomming or leaving via wireless connections are scanned for infiltrations.
- Automatic Virus Database Updates ̶ Provides protection against emerging mobile security threats. The user can automate the delivery of updates: daily, weekly or monthly.
ESET Mobile Security Key Features:
- SMS and MMS Antispam — Allows to define trustworthy contacts via customizable black or whitelist or simply block unknown numbers
- Firewall – Monitors all incoming and outgoing communication based on custom rules
- Anti-Theft — A prevention system against unauthorized access to your data in case of device loss or theft:
Remote Wipe ̶ in case of emergency deletes all data, including contacts, messages and removable memory media using a simple SMS command
SIM Matching ̶ Allows to define a list of trusted SIM cards and receive notification in case of unauthorized SIM insertion, including the card’s telephone number, IMSI and IMEI
- Password Protection — Safeguards mobile devices against unauthorized uninstall of the security software or Anti-theft system tampering´
- Security Audit — Schedule regular diagnostics of all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, and running processes
- New Logs and Statistics — Stay up-to-date on all accomplished scanning tasks and scheduled security audits
ESET Mobile Security is in the Beta phase of testing and may not contain all the functionality envisioned in the product’s final version. Due to potential corruption or data loss, it is not recommended to install it on devices and/or systems storing sensitive data. ESET Mobile Security, Beta Version can be downloaded here: www.eset.eu/download/beta
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for the home and business segment. The industry leader in proactive malware detection, ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100 Awards," never to have missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998.
ESET has headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia and offices in San Diego, USA; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Prague, Czech Republic, and an extensive partner network in 160 countries. In 2008, ESET has opened a new research center in Krakow, Poland. ESET was named by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the region of Europe, Middle East and Africa.