ESET Updates Cybersecurity for Mac and NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X for Full Mountain Lion Compatibility
Both Products Are Uniquely Designed for Mac – Making the Safe, Safer
ESET, the leader in proactive protection celebrating 25 years of its technology this year, today announced that ESET Cybersecurity™ for Mac and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X have been updated to be fully compatible with OS X Mountain Lion. These solutions when paired with OS X Mountain Lion provide a complete Internet security solution that actively detects and protects against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, keyloggers, spyware, malware, and more.
Mac OS X Mountain Lion introduces a host of new features, such as Gatekeeper, which makes downloading apps safer for Mac users. ESET has been fully vetted and digitally signed by Apple to be an approved app developer as it relates to the new Gatekeeper functionality.
Both ESET Cybersecurity for Mac and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X have been specifically designed for Mac from the ground up and utilize the award-winning ThreatSense® antivirus scanning engine resulting in fully integrated solutions that work perfectly with OS X Mountain Lion. The formidable combination of ESET technology and OS X Mountain Lion proactively provide Mac users with extra layers of security, proactive protection, and detection features to keep their Mac safe from Internet-born threats.
Some of the key features of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X include an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, complimentary training of tips and techniques to educate users and get them up and running fast, and technology that runs seamlessly in the background to alleviate any impacts on overall performance.
Additional features of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac:
- All virus signature database updates are automatic, ensuring you are always up-to-date on your definitions.
- On-demand and scheduled scans keep your device safe and allow you to scan various storage devices, including Time Machine archives.
- Proactive detection of Mac and Windows viruses, spyware, and other threats, using ESET’s ThreatSense technology.
- Intuitive and familiar OS X look and feel.
- Advanced setup for power-users to control scan depth, set file, folder or volume exclusions, set level of heuristics and much more.
- Scans removable media, including USB drives, CDs and DVDs, memory sticks, FireWire®, etc.
- Free technical support as with all ESET products.
- Easily managed on any network through ESET’s Remote Administrator (available for ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X).
ESET, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning NOD32 technology which is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. The Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET has been selected as one of the most innovative companies in Europe for the 2011 HSBC European Business Awards and holds number of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV Test and other organizations. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cyber Security (solution for Mac) are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; with offices in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Prague (Czech Republic). ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network for 180 countries.