ESET Launches BETA Versions of ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 with Enhanced Technology and Features
ESET, the leader in proactive protection against cyber-threats, today announces the launch of BETA versions of its flagship products ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5. ESET, which has pioneered protection against malware since 1992, invites all PC users using the Windows operating system to join in the testing of these new products. ESET Smart Security 5 BETA and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 BETA are available for free download at ESET.com.
BETA versions of ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 offer many new features and benefits like ESET Cloud-Powered Reputation, Optimized Startup Procedure, Enhanced Media Control, Graphic User Interface upgrade or Gamer Mode. Additionally, ESET Smart Security 5 BETA provides Improved Antispam, Intelligent Firewall and Parental Control.
“The fifth generation of our flagship security solution - ESET Smart Security 5 BETA along with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 BETA - offer a wide array of new technologically advanced features that not only enhance detection, but also bring new functionalities like the gamer mode and fresh new graphic interface, improving the overall user experience”
Pavel Luka, ESET’s Chief Technology Officer
“At the same time these new ESET products provide all the proven features and technology that have made the previous product a success. In Version 5, ESET offers a comprehensive security package that safeguards PCs from all types of malware, hacker attacks and e-mail threats,” adds ESET’s Technology chief. Since its inception in 2007, ESET Smart Security along with ESET NOD32 Antivirus next generation products have been downloaded more than 1.3 billion times.
Selected new ESET Smart Security 5 BETA and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 BETA features
- Enhanced Media Control – Blocks threats trying to get through to the system via removable media. ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 automatically prompts user to scan the content of all USB flash drives, CDs and DVDs. Users can block specific media based on a range of parameters like the device ID, media type, and serial number.
- ESET Cloud-Powered Reputation – Enhanced detection power and scanning speed using advanced reputation service and ESET malware collection and analysis.
- Optimized Startup Procedure – ESET Smart Security 5/ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 lets user start working on computer immediately after boot-up, without compromising security.
- Gamer Mode – When in full-screen mode, ESET Smart Security 5/ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 automatically switches to silent mode to save system resources, so users can enjoy playing computer games or concentrate on important work tasks without distractions from pop-up messages.
- Improved Graphic User Interface – The graphical environment has undergone a number of usability and design modifications aiming to enhance the overall user experience.
ESET Smart Security 5 BETA additionally offers
- Parental Control – Blocks sites that may contain potentially offensive material. In addition, parents can prohibit access to up to 20 pre-defined website categories.
- Improved Antispam – Antispam module integrated into ESET Smart Security has undergone a thorough optimization process for an even higher level of detection precision.
- Intelligent Firewall – Prevents unauthorized users from accessing your computer remotely and monitoring your network traffic.
For additional information about the current BETA version please visit ESET Smart Security 5 BETA and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 BETA.
ESET thanks its users for taking part in the ESET BETA program. If you have experienced any problems, or would like to submit feedback, please fill in the ESET Beta Program Feedback Form.
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. The Company pioneered, and continues to lead, the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution headquarters in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore. ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Prague (Czech Republic), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network in 180 countries.