ESET Remote Administrator 4 introduces new features, primarily aimed at large organizations
Today, ESET launched ESET Remote Administrator 4 Public Beta version
ESET Remote Administrator is a tool intended for effective remote installation and management of ESET products in local and wide area networks, as well as their updates. The new version, ESET Remote Administrator 4, brings a variety of new features and improvements, primarily aimed at large organizations. In addition, it will make it possible for network administrators to configure and manage the newly released and upcoming products, e.g. ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server or ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Mac OS X/Linux workstations.
ESET Remote Administrator 4 introduces a significantly improved remote installation with a completely re-worked search for unregistered clients, as well as an improved Group Manager with Parametric Groups.
- Significantly improved remote installation and search for unregistered clients
- Significantly improved Group Manager with possibility to define Parametric Groups
- Active Directory Synchronization
- Centralized Quarantine Management
- Firewall Rules Merge Wizard
- Support for Windows Clustering
- Implementation of Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Wizard for definition of Policy Rules
- Support for upcoming ESET products – ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server, ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac OS X/Linux workstations and new generation of mobile products
- Use of domain credentials for console login
ESET would like to point out to all potential testers, that ESET Remote Admistrator 4 is in Beta version and so it does not contain the features and functionality that may be expected in the final version. It is intended for experienced users and should not be installed on computers or networks which perform critical tasks because it may cause errors or crashes.
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for enterprises and consumers. Thanks to its ThreatSense.Net® technology, it is able to collect data on a volunteer basis from users all around the world, allowing it to react flexibly to emerging threats. ESET has offices in Bratislava, SK; Buenos Aires, AR; San Diego, USA; and has an extensive partner network in 160 countries. In 2008, ESET has opened a new research center in Krakow, Poland. ESET was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the region of Europe, Middle East and Africa.