ESET Announces ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux
ESET today announced the availability of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux, the company's new security solutions for corporate workstations and home computers running Linux. ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux capitalizes on the award-winning ThreatSense engine to deliver advanced protection against cyber threats with minimal impact on system performance.
"Given the importance of consumer and business usage of Linux, it is essential to equip users with advanced security software to protect against cyber-attacks," said Richard Marko, CEO of ESET. "With ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux, ESET’s protection is now available for all major platforms and this ensures up-to-date protection against threats aimed at Linux, Windows or Mac OS," he added.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux offers complete protection against cross-platform and emerging threats, enhancing the security of Linux platforms. The scanning engine automatically detects and cleans malicious code, including threats designed for Windows and Mac based systems. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop includes ESET Remote Administrator, which provides IT administrators with a management console to control an entire network from a single screen — supporting tens or thousands of heterogeneous computers.
With the latest addition, ESET now delivers advanced protection to more than 100 million Linux, Windows and Mac users worldwide.
Key Benefits and Features
• Smart Detection and Proactive Cross-Platform Protection – Advanced heuristics technology delivers real-time, proactive protection from malware, hacker attacks and exploits. Product protects against Linux, Windows and Mac malware
• Small System Footprint – The unique build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux has been optimized to perfectly match the system environment. ESET engineered a smart solution with one of the lowest system footprints on the market ensuring fast startup and smooth performance
• Graphical User Interface – Optional graphical user interface which delivers intuitive access to features includes full screen mode, informative graphs, statistics and scheduler
• Security Settings Control – Defines which user accounts have the capability to change settings, so unauthorized users cannot disable or lessen protection
• Streamlined Management – Easy management and oversight of network security across all platforms, allowing for push tasks, updates and security policies to be applied from a single console (Business Edition only)
• Removable Media Access Control – Scans or blocks usage of USB, FireWire, CD/DVD devices to minimize risk of infection or data loss
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux will be available in 15 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Czech, Canadian French, Latinoamerican Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese.
For additional information on ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop, please visit http://www.eset.com/us/business/medium/nod32-antivirus-linux and for information on ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux, visit http://www.eset.com/us/linux.
ESET is on the forefront of security innovation, delivering trusted protection to make the Internet safer for businesses and consumers. IDC has recognized ESET as a top five corporate anti-malware vendor and one of the fastest growing companies in its category. Trusted by millions of users worldwide, ESET is one of the most recommended security solutions in the world. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and powers the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac. Sold in more than 180 countries, ESET’s global headquarters is in Bratislava, Slovakia, with distribution headquarters for North America located in San Diego, California. ESET also has offices in Buenos Aires, Prague, Krakow and Singapore and is represented by an extensive global partner network. For more information, visit http://www.eset.com/ or call +1 (619) 876-5400.