ESET Announces new Mobile Security Solution for Smartphone Protection
ESET, the leader in proactive threat protection, today announced the availability of ESET Mobile Security, a new security solution for mobile devices that protects users from the latest mobile threats. ESET Mobile Security leverages ESET's proven threat protection to secure users' mobile communications, sensitive data and privacy on mobile devices that run on Windows Mobile and Symbian platforms.
Built on the company's previous mobile security offering, ESET Mobile Security utilizes ESET's proven advanced threat protection and delivers the same highly-effective, non-intrusive security experience that ESET users trust with their personal computers. It eliminates emerging mobile exploits and security breaches and keeps users' inboxes clear of unwanted SMS and MMS messages. Additionally, ESET Mobile Security offers enhanced security features, such as Remote Wipe, which prevents sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands in the event of device loss or theft. It also schedules regular diagnostics of all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth and device visibility, so that users may be notified of any security concerns. The product is also the first to offer password protection to prevent unauthorized uninstallation and changes in anti-theft settings.
Because smartphones have limited memory, processing, battery and bandwidth capabilities, ESET Mobile Security was designed with a light footprint that does not impact device performance. Its efficient use of processing power, ability to scan removable memory devices and compact update files effectively delivers protection against the latest attacks.
"With the increased reliance and importance of smartphones in users' daily lives, ESET is committed to bringing our proven advanced threat protection to the mobile space," said Jeff Debrosse, senior research analyst, ESET, LLC. "ESET Mobile Security combines sophisticated detection of all known and emerging mobile threats, a robust firewall, antispam, anti-theft features and a light system footprint that does not impact device performance."
ESET Mobile Security features and benefits include:
· On-Access and On-Demand Scanning: Users can scan all files on the device or incoming via wireless connections (Bluetooth, WiFi, and Infrared) with optional variable in-depth scanning of archives.
· Firewall: Monitors all incoming and outgoing communication based on custom rules.
· SMS/MMS AntiSpam: Defines trustworthy contacts via customizable black or white lists or simply blocks unknown numbers.
· Logs and Statistics: Users can stay up-to-date on all accomplished scanning tasks and scheduled security audits.
In addition, ESET Mobile Security offers enhanced security features that prevent unauthorized access to data in case of device loss or theft. Features include:
· Password Protection: Avoids unauthorized un-installation and changes in anti-theft settings.
· Security Audit: Schedules regular diagnostics of all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth and device visibility.
· Remote Wipe: Deletes all data in case of emergency including contacts, messages and removable memory media using a simple SMS command.
· SIM Matching: Defines a list of trusted SIM cards and receive notification in case of unauthorized SIM insertion including the card's telephone number, IMSI and EMEI.
· Quarantine: Allows users to choose between deleting infiltrations immediately, isolating them, or restoring them if not deemed as a security risk by the user.
ESET Mobile Security is available immediately with support for Symbian S60 third Edition (Feature Packs 1 and 2), Symbian S60 fifth Edition, Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0, 6.1 and 6.5. ESET Mobile Security will continue to support upcoming OS versions of Windows Mobile and Symbian.
Pricing ranges from $29.95 for one year to $44.90 for two years. Free upgrades are available for existing valid ESET Mobile Antivirus customers.
For additional details and to download ESET Mobile Security, please visit http://www.eset.com/home/mobile-antivirus.
ESET develops software solutions that deliver instant, comprehensive protection against evolving computer security threats. ESET pioneered and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and is the heart of the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security. ESET Smart Security is an integrated antivirus, antispyware, antispam and personal firewall solution that combines accuracy, speed and a small system footprint to create the most effective security solution in the industry. Both products have an extremely efficient code base that eliminates the unnecessarily large size found in some solutions. This means faster scanning that doesn't slow down computers or networks. Sold in more than 180 countries, ESET has global production headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia, with distribution headquarters for the Americas and Asia-Pacific located in San Diego, California. ESET also has offices in Buenos Aires, Prague, and Krakow and is represented by an extensive global partner network. For more information, visit www.eset.com or call +1 (619) 876-5400.