ESET Announces Release Candidate Version of ESET Mobile Security for Android Smartphones
ESET today announced it is moving forward in the testing and release process of the ESET Mobile Security for Android platform. Starting today, ESET Mobile Security for Android is available as a Release Candidate version. With ESET Mobile Security, ESET offers advanced protection for three operating systems including Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android. The Release Candidate version is available to download from the company's website, ESET.com.
According to recent research estimates by Gartner, smartphone sales will reach 468 million units globally by the end of this year; "Android will move to become the most popular operating system worldwide and will build on its strength to account for 49 percent of the smartphone market by 2012." According to the data based on Gartner's 2011 prediction, ESET Mobile Security will be available for more than 60 percent of units on the market.
"Android is rapidly becoming the market leader with an increasing number of smartphone users turning to devices with this operating system. The popularity among mobile phone users goes hand-in-hand with its popularity among cyber-criminals," elaborates Miroslav Majtaz, Mobile Security Product Manager at ESET. "ESET Mobile Security for Android, Release Candidate brings several new useful improvements, adding to the feature portfolio of the product's BETA version," he says.
Improved Features of EMS for Android, RC Version
· Trusted Friend - A contact or a telephone number that can receive an Alert SMS after an unknown SIM card is inserted into the user's phone; trusted friend is able to reset the user's forgotten password if needed.
· Improved Antispam - Additional security layer that blocks "Calling Line Identification Restriction (CLIR)," or anonymous calls.
Key Features and Benefits of ESET Mobile Security for Android RC Version
· Unique behavior-based detection - Warns about any suspicious activity against your phone. All applications, files, folders and SD memory cards are continuously scanned for emerging threats.
· SMS/MMS Antispam - Allows user to define trustworthy contacts via customizable black- or whitelist or to simply block messages from unknown numbers.
· Call Interceptor - Blocks unwanted calls in both directions – incoming and outgoing, a powerful tool especially suitable for parents to keep their children's phone bills in check.
· Security Audit with Built-in Task Manager - Provides information about all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility.
· Fresh, New User Interface - Tailor-made graphics and layout for an enhanced Android experience.
· Anti-Theft Security System - Multiple layers of security that allow users to maintain perfect control over data stored in the phone in the event of the device being lost of stolen.
· GPS Location - Locates lost or stolen phone by a remote command.
· Remote Lock - Blocks the phone remotely to prevent unauthorized access to your phone's data.
· Remote Wipe - Deletes all phone-stored data remotely using an SMS command.
· Uninstall Protection - Secures the smartphone against unauthorized uninstallation of Mobile Security.
For additional information, please visit http://www.eset.com/beta/mobile-security-android/
ESET is on the forefront of security innovation, delivering trusted protection to make the Internet safer for businesses and consumers. IDC has recognized ESET as a top five corporate anti-malware vendor and one of the fastest growing companies in its category. Trusted by millions of users worldwide, ESET is one of the most recommended security solutions in the world. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and powers the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac. Sold in more than 180 countries, ESET's global headquarters is in Bratislava, Slovakia, with distribution headquarters for North America located in San Diego, California. ESET also has offices in Buenos Aires, Prague, Krakow and Singapore and is represented by an extensive global partner network. For more information, visit http://www.eset.com/ or call +1 (619) 876-5400.