ESET discontinues more server products based on NOD32 Antivirus 2.7
ESET, the leader in proactive threat protection, announced today that it will begin phasing out server products based on the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 engine on February 1, 2011. The server software will be removed from the ESET website and will no longer be sold beginning February 1, 2011. Customers with server products based on NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 will continue to be protected with signature updates until February 1, 2012. ESET customers should update to the current ESET software release to ensure that they continue to be safeguarded by the most effective proactive threat protection available.
Discontinuation of version 2.7 server products
Server products affected:
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Novell Netware
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server (prior announcement)
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Dell Network Attached Storage
· ESET Mail/File/Gateway Security for Linux/BSD/Solaris V2.7*
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Kerio Connect (formerly Kerio Mail Server), V2.7 Linux version*
February 1, 2011
· The server software listed above will be removed from the ESET website.
· ESET will no longer sell (*distribute) the server software above.
February 1, 2012
· Virus signature database updates for the above software will be discontinued.
· ESET will no longer provide technical support for the above software.
Upgrade path for the discontinued server products
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Novell Netware: Novell NetWare services were ported to the Linux platform and transitioned to Open Enterprise Server. ESET File Security for Linux provides improved security and deeper functionality for Novell Open Enterprise Server.
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino: Current customers can upgrade to ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino, which will be released in the second half of 2011.
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server: Current customers can upgrade to ESET Mail Security 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server for free.
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Dell Network Attached Storage: Current customers can upgrade to ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Dell Power Vault Storage.
· ESET Mail/File/Gateway Security for Linux/BSD/Solaris V2.7: Current customers can upgrade to ESET Mail/File/Gateway Security for Linux/BSD/Solaris V3.0 for free.
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Kerio Connect (formerly Kerio Mail Server) V2.7 Linux version: Current customers can upgrade to Linux Mail Security V3.0 which fully supports integration with Kerio Connect.
ESET develops software solutions that deliver instant, comprehensive protection against evolving computer security threats. ESET pioneered and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and is the heart of the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac. ESET Smart Security is an integrated antivirus, antispyware, antispam and personal firewall solution that combines accuracy, speed and a small system footprint to create the most effective security solution in the industry. All products have an extremely efficient code base that eliminates the unnecessarily large size found in some solutions. This means faster scanning that doesn't slow down computers or networks. Sold in more than 180 countries, ESET has global headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia, with distribution headquarters for the Americas located in San Diego, California. ESET also has offices in Buenos Aires, Prague, Krakow and Singapore and is represented by an extensive global partner network. For more information, visit www.eset.com or call +1 (619) 876-5400.