ESET launches All New Version of ESET® Mobile Security for Android
All-In-One App Offers Improved Detection, Including Free and Premium Paid Features
ESET, the global leader in proactive digital protection with a record of 10 consecutive years of VB100 awards for its award-winning NOD32® technology, today announced the launch of the completely rebuilt and redesigned ESET Mobile Security for Android. The next generation mobile product offers improved scanning, Anti-Phishing module and a completely redesigned user interface. ESET Mobile Security for Android enables Android smartphone and tablet users to enjoy safer mobile technology adventures with protection from both real world and digital threats.
“The rise of mobile malware combined with the popularity of Android devices creates a perfect storm of cyber security risk,” said Palo Luka, CTO, ESET. “ESET is excited to offer a completely rebuilt and free version of our mobile security app that protects your sensitive data from threats giving you peace of mind when browsing the Internet or downloading applications.”
- Brand New User Interface—Now tablet, landscape, tap and eye-friendly.
- Free and Premium Features Available at Google Play—When installed from the official Android app store, users will benefit from features of the ESET Mobile Security for Android for free. Upgrade to a full version of ESET Mobile Security for Android from within the app for comprehensive and total protection against both digital and real-world threats.
- Enhanced Antivirus Scanning—Use variable depth scanning (quick/smart/deep) as well as scheduled and background scanning features. ESET Mobile Security is one of the few mobile security products for Android offering an advanced antivirus engine capable of detecting both known and unknown threats, including the recently discovered Android Master Key related vulnerabilities.
- Startup and Anti-Theft Wizard—Enjoy new user-friendly setup.
- SMS & Call Filter—Block SMS or incoming calls at specified times.
- Security Audit—Monitor installed application permissions such as location tracking, access to contacts, or in-app purchases to close any security loopholes.
- Enhanced Anti-Phishing Module and Built-in USSD Control Features—Protect against phishing attacks and web-based attacks via malicious SMS messages, QR codes, or URL links.
“One of our goals with the new version of ESET Mobile Security for Android was to make protection even easier for users,” said Andrew Lee, CEO, ESET NA. “Our new user interface and setup wizards are designed for mobile users looking for simple and powerful security products that are easy to configure, run quietly in the backgroundand require limited resources.”
ESET Mobile Security for Android is offered via web and Google Play. With 850,000 apps and games, millions of songs and books, and thousands of movies, Google Play is the world’s most popular mobile app store. ESET Mobile Security for Android is designed to maximize their mobile security and use their mobile devices in less secure environments. Mobile users are enabled with ESET’s advanced protection as they navigate the Internet from connecting to public Wi-Fi networks and visiting sketchy websites, to clicking on suspicious email or chat messages to downloading apps from third party stores and monitoring their permissions.
According to the Gartner analyst firm, the Android operating system had an estimated market share of over 60 percent in 2012. That popularity makes it an increasingly attractive target for cyber criminals. In addition, from 2011 to 2012, Android malware grew by a factor of 17 according to recent ESET research into mobile cyberthreats. ESET Mobile Security for Android has protected users from some of the most far reaching mobile malware yet detected including 2012’s Android/TrojanSMS.Boxer.AA
In the latest evaluation of Android antivirus products by AV-TEST Institute, a leading independent international IT security and antivirus research firm, ESET Mobile Security for Android detected 99.7 percent of malicious apps, and earned top marks in usability.
For more information on the growth of mobile malware see ESET’s Trends for 2013 Report: http://www.eset.com/us/resources/white-papers/Trends_for_2013_preview.pdf
To try a FREE version of ESET Mobile Security for Android, please visit: http://www.eset.com/home/products/mobile-security-android/
ESET®, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning NOD32® technology, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. For over 25 years, the Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. By obtaining the 80th VB100 award in June 2013, ESET NOD32® Antivirus holds the record number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. In addition, ESET’s NOD32® technology holds the longest consecutive string of the VB100 awards of any other AV vendor. ESET has received a number of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV-TEST and other organizations. ESET NOD32® Antivirus, ESET Smart Security®, ESET Cyber Security® (solution for Mac), ESET® Mobile Security and IT Security for Business are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; with offices in Jena (Germany), Prague (Czech Republic) and Sao Paulo (Brazil). ESET® has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia) and an extensive partner network for more than 180 countries.