ESET Launches Remote Administrator 3.0
ESET today unveiled ESET Remote Administrator 3.0, a comprehensive solution that enables centralized administration of dispersed ESET desktop and server software from one unified management dashboard. With the number of NOD32 antivirus and Smart Security installations exploding, ESET Remote Administrator helps customers easily manage widespread deployments of ESET solutions that offer the highest level of protection from evolving Internet threats.
ESET Remote Administrator 3.0 significantly improves integration with Active Directory, which enables easier policy definition based on Active Directory Security Groups and Organizational Units (OUs). Managing security solutions without the proper tools is costly and time-intensive. ESET Remote Administrator streamlines management into one central console for simplified software deployment and upgrades, lowering total cost of ownership. Remote Administrator also enables IT administrators to quickly and easily respond to threats, run reports, update signature databases and manage ESET solutions – all from one location.
"Networks are no longer confined to a single building or campus," said Brian Burke, research analyst at IDC. "ESET Remote Administrator allows IT managers the ability to easily set policy definitions based on Active Directory User groups and directly addresses the need for businesses to deploy and manage security software across multiple locations."
"As more businesses find their networks spread across various locations, effective, centralized management of security solutions is more important than ever," said Anton Zajac, CEO of ESET. "As this trend continues, businesses of all sizes are seeking scalable security solutions that don't impact performance. ESET Remote Administrator offers the effective and efficient proactive threat protection that customers expect from ESET with improved integration with Active Directory."
ESET Remote Administrator allows businesses to leverage existing investments while simplifying deployment. Additional features and benefits include:
· Improved Integration with Active Directory — enables easier policy definition based on Active Directory user groups
· New Group Editor — simplifies group creation and management with upgraded Active Directory synchronization
· New Notification Manager — customize alerts and actions for monitored events such as workstation infections
· New Policy Manager — simplifies creation and management of highly customizable policies
· New License Manager — simplifies management of multiple licenses with different terms
· Upgraded Database Support — integrate with industry-standard Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server database systems
· New Read-Only Access — enables multiple administrators to share management tasks without risk of overwriting configurations
· New ESET SysInspector Integration — remotely generate detailed system diagnosis reports
· Improved Scalability — more efficient use of network bandwidth and log storage
· Intuitive Interface — allows a quick overview of network security situation
· Remote Scanning — enables virus scan on remote disks
· Client Configuration — remotely reconfigure clients from the management console
· Remote Installation — push updates or security software to any computer on the network
· Advanced Monitoring — monitoring and reporting tools quickly identify infiltration
· Mirroring of ThreatSense® Updates — efficient, scalable distribution of ThreatSense® signature updates
ESET Remote Administrator 3.0 is available immediately to all existing customers using Business Editions of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus. To download the solution and for additional information please visit http://www.eset.com/products/remote_administrator.php
ESET develops software solutions that deliver instant, comprehensive protection against evolving computer security threats. ESET pioneered and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, its flagship product, consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing and is the foundational product that builds out the ESET product line to include ESET Smart Security. ESET Smart Security is an integrated antivirus, antispyware, antispam and personal firewall solution that combines accuracy, speed and an extremely small system footprint to create the most effective security solution in the industry. Both products have an extremely efficient code base that eliminates the unnecessary large size found in some solutions. This means faster scanning that doesn't slow down computers or networks. Sold in more than 160 countries, ESET has worldwide production headquarters in Bratislava, SK and worldwide distribution headquarters in San Diego, U.S. ESET also has offices in Bristol, U.K.; Buenos Aires, AR; Prague, CZ; and is globally represented by an extensive partner network. For more information, visit www.eset.com or call (619) 876-5400.