ESET Launches Service Build 4.2 Beta for ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Highlights of Service Build 4.2 include:
· Windows AIK 2.0 for Windows 7
· Improved performance HTTP scanning
· Preliminary support for NT 4.0 (ESET NOD32 Antivirus only)
· Support for Thunderbird 3 (ESET Smart Security only)
· Trusted network authentication (ESET Smart Security only)
· Firewall profiles (ESET Smart Security only)
· Support for centralize quarantine management (with ESET Remote Administrator 4 Beta)
· Support for firewall rule merge wizard (ESET Smart Security with ESET Remote Administrator 4 Beta)
· GUI enhancements
· Fixes for known issues
NOTE: The beta test version is a precursor of the final product. Full functionality and documentation have not yet been implemented. Some system instability may occur; ESET recommends experienced users install Service Build 4.2 Beta for ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus only on machines that do not perform critical tasks.
Please visit ESET's Beta Test portal for more information.
About ESET ESET develops software solutions that deliver instant, comprehensive protection against evolving computer security threats. ESET pioneered and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and is the heart of the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security. ESET Smart Security is an integrated antivirus, antispyware, antispam and personal firewall solution that combines accuracy, speed and a small system footprint to create the most effective security solution in the industry. Both products have an extremely efficient code base that eliminates the unnecessarily large size found in some solutions. This means faster scanning that doesn't slow down computers or networks. Sold in more than 160 countries, ESET has global production headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia, with distribution headquarters for the Americas and Asia-Pacific located in San Diego, California. ESET also has offices in Buenos Aires, Prague, and Krakow and is represented by an extensive global partner network. For more information, visit www.eset.com or call +1 (619) 876-5400.