ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server Delivers Advanced Messaging Security
ESET, the leader in proactive threat protection, today announced that ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server is now available for businesses. This product features major advancements over its predecessor, ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server.
ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server is built on the award-winning fourth generation ThreatSense® engine, which gives ESET Mail Security the industry’s most effective proactive technology for detecting viruses and other malware. In addition to stripping malware from messages, the new integrated antispam and greylisting features keep unwanted spam from reaching end users.
“We architected this product to be more effective, flexible and scalable than its predecessor. Messaging security is essential to the productivity of businesses everywhere, and ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server enables businesses to implement fast and effective messaging security with minimal overhead,” said Richard Marko, chief technical officer, ESET. “The product supports Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 to ensure compatibility in most business environments.”
New features of ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server include:
· Improved antivirus and antispyware protection against evolving threats
· New antispam protection integrates technologies such as RBL, DNSBL, fingerprinting, reputation checking, content analysis, Bayesian filtering, rules, manual whitelisting/blacklisting to ensure maximum detection of email threats
· Greylisting is available as an additional layer of antispam protection
· Transport layer protection increases scalability and performance
· Improved scanning of email database
· Flexible message quarantine rules allow many-to-one or one-to-one mapping between recipient email address and quarantine mailboxes
· New anti-stealth technology protects against emerging rootkits
· Self-defense prevents malicious software from degrading the effectiveness of protection
· Intuitive mail server performance monitoring and statistics simplify management
· ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify system diagnosis and recovery
Key benefits include:
· Proactive protection against emerging threats, without waiting hours or days for signature updates
· Light system footprint with minimal impact on mail server performance
· Fast and effective messaging security that is easy to deploy and manage
Details of a free upgrade program for current customers of ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server will be announced in the coming weeks.
ESET develops software solutions that deliver instant, comprehensive protection against evolving computer security threats. ESET pioneered and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and is the heart of the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security. ESET Smart Security is an integrated antivirus, antispyware, antispam and personal firewall solution that combines accuracy, speed and a small system footprint to create the most effective security solution in the industry. Both products have an extremely efficient code base that eliminates the unnecessarily large size found in some solutions. This means faster scanning that doesn't slow down computers or networks. Sold in more than 160 countries, ESET has global production headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia, with distribution headquarters for the Americas and Asia-Pacific located in San Diego, California. ESET also has offices in Buenos Aires, Prague, and Krakow and is represented by an extensive global partner network. For more information, visit http://www.eset.com/ or call +1 (619) 876-5400.