ESET Releases Service Build 4.2 for ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus
ESET, the leader in proactive threat protection, has announced that Service Build 4.2 for both ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus is now available.
Highlights of Service Build 4.2 include:
· Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) 2.0 for Windows 7
· Improved performance HTTP scanning
· Limited support for NT 4.0 SP6 (ESET NOD32 Antivirus only)
· Support for Thunderbird 3 and Opera 10 (ESET Smart Security only)
· Trusted network zone authentication (ESET Smart Security only)
· Firewall profiles (ESET Smart Security only)
· Support for centralized quarantine management (with ESET Remote Administrator 4 Beta)
· Support for firewall rule merge wizard (ESET Smart Security with ESET Remote Administrator 4 Beta)
· GUI enhancements
· Fixes for known issues
ESET customers can upgrade to version 4.2 for free by downloading the latest installation package from the ESET website.
ESET develops software solutions that deliver instant, comprehensive protection against evolving computer security threats. ESET pioneered and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and is the heart of the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security. ESET Smart Security is an integrated antivirus, antispyware, antispam and personal firewall solution that combines accuracy, speed and a small system footprint to create the most effective security solution in the industry. Both products have an extremely efficient code base that eliminates the unnecessarily large size found in some solutions. This means faster scanning that doesn't slow down computers or networks. Sold in more than 160 countries, ESET has global production headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia, with distribution headquarters for the Americas and Asia-Pacific located in San Diego, California. ESET also has offices in Buenos Aires, Prague, and Krakow and is represented by an extensive global partner network. For more information, visit http://www.eset.com/ or call +1 (619) 876-5400.