ESET Updates Cybersecurity for Mac and NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X for Full Mountain Lion Compatibility
ESET, the leader in proactive protection celebrating 25 years of its technology this year, today announced that ESET Cybersecurity™ for Mac and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X have been updated to be fully compatible with OS X Mountain Lion. These solutions when paired with OS X Mountain Lion provide a complete Internet security solution that actively detects and protects against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, keyloggers, spyware, malware, and more.
Mac OS X Mountain Lion introduces a host of new features, such as Gatekeeper, which makes downloading apps safer for Mac users. ESET has been fully vetted and digitally signed by Apple to be an approved app developer as it relates to the new Gatekeeper functionality.
Both ESET Cybersecurity for Mac and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X have been specifically designed for Mac from the ground up and utilize the award-winning ThreatSense® antivirus scanning engine resulting in fully integrated solutions that work perfectly with OS X Mountain Lion. The formidable combination of ESET technology and OS X Mountain Lion proactively provide Mac users with extra layers of security, proactive protection, and detection features to keep their Mac safe from Internet-born threats.
Some of the key features of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X include an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, complimentary training of tips and techniques to educate users and get them up and running fast, and technology that runs seamlessly in the background to alleviate any impacts on overall performance.
Additional features of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac:
- All virus signature database updates are automatic, ensuring you are always up-to-date on your definitions.
- Online training that leads users through real-world scenarios via videos and education exercises (available for ESET Cybersecurity for Mac).
- On-demand and scheduled scans keep your device safe and allow you to scan various storage devices, including Time Machine archives.
- Proactive detection of Mac and Windows viruses, spyware, and other threats, using ESET’s ThreatSense technology.
- Intuitive and familiar OS X look and feel.
- Advanced setup for power-users to control scan depth, set file, folder or volume exclusions, set level of heuristics and much more.
- Scans removable media, including USB drives, CDs and DVDs, memory sticks, FireWire®, etc.
- Free technical support as with all ESET products.
- Easily managed on any network through ESET’s Remote Administrator (available for ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X).
Pricing and availability
ESET Cybersecurity for Mac is available now for purchase at the ESET Online Store and pricing begins at $39.99 for a 1 year license or $59.99 for a 2-year license for a single user. Pricing becomes more cost-effective for multiple user licenses, for instance five seat licensing costs $99.99 for one year and $149.00 for two years.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X is available immediately through ESET’s website. Please contact ESET directly for pricing at http://go.eset.com/us/business/contact/.
ESET is on the forefront of security innovation, delivering trusted protection to make the Internet safer for businesses and consumers. IDC has recognized ESET as a top five corporate anti-malware vendor and one of the fastest growing companies in its category. Trusted by millions of users worldwide, ESET is one of the most recommended security solutions in the world. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and powers the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac. Sold in more than 180 countries, ESET’s global headquarters is in Bratislava, Slovakia, with distribution headquarters for North America located in San Diego, California. ESET also has offices in Buenos Aires, Prague, Krakow and Singapore and is represented by an extensive global partner network. For more information, visit http://www.eset.com/us or call +1 (619) 876-5400.