Selected viruses, spyware, and other threats: sorted alphabetically
Short descriptionThe trojan serves as a backdoor. It can be controlled remotely.
InstallationWhen executed, the trojan copies itself into the following location:
The following Registry entry is set:
- %windir%\inf\smss.exe (441379 B)
This causes the trojan to be executed on every system start.
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\
"Shell" = Explorer.exe "%windir%\inf\smss.exe"
Other informationThe trojan contains an URL address. It tries to download a file from the address.
The file is stored in the following location:
The trojan is sent data and commands from a remote computer or the Internet.
The trojan connects to the following addresses:
It can execute the following operations:
- m4x1.serve%removed%.com (TCP:64)
- perform DoS/DDoS attacks
- terminate running processes
- download files from a remote computer and/or Internet