Zero-day threats are a major concern for businesses due to them not knowing how to protect against something that they have never seen before.
- ESET endpoint products leverage heuristics and machine learning as part of our multilayered approach to prevent and protect against never before seen malware.
- 13 global R&D labs help to quickly respond to malware after their first incidence anywhere across the globe.
- ESET’s cloud malware protection system automatically protects against new threats without the need to wait for the next detection update.
The ESET difference
All ESET Endpoint products currently use machine learning in conjunction with all of our other layers of defense and have done so since 1997. Specifically, machine learning is used in the form of consolidated output and neural networks.
Reputation & Cache
When inspecting a file or URL, before any scanning takes place, our products check the local cache for known malicious or whitelisted benign objects. This improves scanning performance.
Whenever a zero-day threat such as ransomware is seen, the file is sent to our cloud-based malware protection system - LiveGrid®, where the threat is detonated and behavior is monitored. Results of this system are provided to all endpoints globally within minutes without requiring any updates.
Detection types range from very specific hashes to ESET DNA Detections, which are complex definitions of malicious behavior and malware characteristics. While the malicious code can be easily modified or obfuscated by attackers, the behavior of objects cannot be changed so easily and ESET DNA Detections are designed to take advantage of this principle.
ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS BUSINESS EDITION FOR LINUX DESKTOP
- Operating systems:
RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, Suse, Fedora and Mandriva and majority of other RPM and DEB package manager based distributions.
kernel 2.6 or newer
GNU C Library 2.3 or newer
GTK+ 2.6 or newer
LSB 3.1 compatibility recommended
- Compatible with ESET Security Management Center and ESET Remote Administrator 6. See more information about remote management compatibility.
Looking for the complete security of your network?
Related enterprise-grade solutions
Related SMB solutions
- ESET Security Management Center
Real-time network security visibility, reporting and management on a single screen.
- ESET Dynamic Threat Defense
Cloud-based sandboxing technology detects never before seen or zero-day threats.
- ESET Mail Security
Powerful server malware protection, spam filtering and email scanning for all major email platforms.
Stay on top of cybersecurity news
Brought to you by awarded and recognized security researchers from ESET's 13 global R&D centers.
We Live Security blog
90% of Canadians surveyed agreed that cybercrime was an important "challenge to the internal security of Canada"
GDPR-themed WordPress plugin flaw exploited. Google’s data charts path to avoiding malware on Android. Plus security researchers bypass encryption on self-encrypting drives