ESET launches Antivirus for Smartphones
Bratislava - June 16, 2008 – ESET, the leader in proactive threat protection, today announced the introduction of ESET Mobile Antivirus, a new security solution for mobile devices. This lightweight anti-malware software takes the company’s state-of-the-art heuristic technology and optimizes it for the mobile platform.
One of the biggest challenges for mobile security is the limited memory, processing and bandwidth capabilities inherent with a small platform. Traditional antivirus approaches, with large and frequent signature updates, cannot be successfully applied to a mobile environment without significantly impacting the phone’s performance.
Available now in Beta for Windows Mobile users, ESET Mobile Antivirus is able to detect mobile malware attacks while delivering the same highly-effective, non-intrusive experience on handsets as on PC platforms. With its small footprint, efficient use of processing power, and compact update files, ESET Mobile Antivirus is an effective solution for mobile platforms which have significant memory, processing and bandwidth constraints.
ESET Mobile Antivirus features and benefits include:
- Heuristic threat detection –ESET Mobile Antivirus provides real-time protection against existing and future threats.
- On-demand Scanning – Contains scanning and cleaning of integrated and exchangeable memory media, and a full memory/running processes scan. Specific folder scanning is included and results are displayed after a scan.
- Advanced On-access Scanning – Scans all created/used files with enhanced virus detection capabilities at access time. Mobile antivirus scans incoming files via wireless connections as well (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Infrared).
- Activity Log – Stores statistics about accomplished scanning tasks and latest database status in a user-friendly format. A variable range of scan results-history is included.
- Variable In-depth Scanning of Cab Files – Enables users to set the level of cab files scanning to the preferred depth.
- Automatic/On-demand Updates – Ensures up-to-date protection against all threat types. Users can schedule updates on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Daily updates are set by default, and users are also allowed to switch-off automatic updates if they prefer.
- Intuitive User Interface – Users experience is enhanced by easy-to-set dialogs and intuitive menu.
- Compact updates – ESET’s update files are typically a fraction of the size of solutions that are more dependent upon signatures, consuming less bandwidth to the mobile device (this benefits carriers and users).