ESET Releases ESET Mobile Security for Android Smartphones
ESET, the leader in proactive protection against cyber-threats, has released its flagship product for the mobile Android platform ESET Mobile Security. With ESET Mobile Security, the company offers advanced protection for three operating systems including Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android. ESET Mobile Security for Android is available for download from the company’s website, www.eset.com/gr.
According to recent data from Gartner, smartphone sales reached 115 million units in the third quarter of 2011, up 42 percent from the third quarter of 2010. “Smartphone sales accounted for 26 percent of all mobile devices sales worldwide… The Android OS accounted for 52.5 percent of smartphone sales to end users in the third quarter of 2011, more than doubling its market share from the third quarter of 2010,“ said Gartner in its press release.
"ESET Mobile Security now offers award-winning protection for 70 percent of the smartphones sold in the third quarter of 2011. Smartphone users understand that good user experience goes hand in hand with the best protection,“ says Ignacio Sbampato, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at ESET. "ESET Mobile Security for Android offers a broad set of security benefits for users of this most popular platform, including unique behavior-based detection, antispam, remote lock and wipe, as well as anti-theft and GPS localization," he adds.
ESET Mobile Security for Android: 11 Key Features and Benefits
• Unique behaviour-based detection ̶ Warns of any suspicious activity against your phone. All applications, files, folders and SD memory cards are continually scanned for emerging threats.
• SMS/MMS Antispam ̶ Allows the user to define trustworthy contacts via customizable black- or whitelist or to simply block messages from unknown numbers. An additional security layer blocks anonymous calls.
• Call Interceptor ̶ Blocks unwanted calls in both directions – incoming and outgoing. This is a powerful tool especially suitable for parents to keep their children’s phone bills in check.
• Security Audit with Built-in Task Manager ̶ Provides information about all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility.
• Fresh, New User Interface ̶ Tailor-made graphics and layout for enhanced Android experience.
• Anti-Theft Security System ̶ Multiple layers of security that allows users to maintain perfect control over phone-stored data in the event of the device being lost or stolen.
• GPS Localization ̶ Locates lost or stolen phone by a remote command.
• Remote Lock ̶ Blocks the phone remotely to prevent unauthorized access to your phone’s data.
• Remote Wipe ̶ Deletes all phone-stored data remotely using a simple SMS command.
• Uninstall Protection ̶ Secures the smartphone against unauthorized un-installation of Mobile Security.
• Trusted friend - A contact or a telephone number that can receive and Alert SMS if an unknown SIM card is inserted into the phone; trusted friend is able to reset the user’s forgotten password if needed.
For additional information, please visit eset.com/gr-en.
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and home segment. The Company pioneered, and continues to lead, the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution headquarters in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore. ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Prague (Czech Republic), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network for 180 countries.