ESET launches ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac
ESET, the leader in proactive protection officially announces a new addition to its business product line. Now businesses can extend the same trusted security of ESET NOD32 Antivirus to Mac endpoints.
"With ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac, ESET delivers the most advanced protection to all business networks – employing either PCs or Macs. It is another milestone for our company whose security software has an excellent track record of protecting computer users," says ESET’s CEO Miroslav Trnka. By developing a security solution for Mac, ESET is responding to user demand. Since December 2009 when ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 (Beta) for Mac was released for public testing, ESET has seen more than 135-thousand downloaded installation packages.
With the launch of a security solution for the Macintosh platform, ESET adds an additional layer of security, so OS X systems can participate in a heterogeneous networked environment with the highest possible security, and with supporting compliance initiatives. "Engineered with our award winning ThreatSense scanning engine, it ensures industry-leading protection against emerging threats," details ESET’s Chief Technology Officer Richard Marko.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition now offers enterprise-class threat protection for Macs in all business environments. ThreatSense® solution automatically detects and cleans malware, including threats designed for Windows operating systems, preventing Macs from becoming carriers of malware in a corporate network. In addition, ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac OS X gives IT administrators the ability to monitor all network endpoints across multitude operating systems with ease, all from a single management console.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac is now available in English, with other languages following in the coming months. Additionally, soon home users will be able to purchase a home edition of ESET’s security solution called "ESET Cybersecurity for Mac."
Key features of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac:
- Market-proven scanning engine now offering enterprise-class protection for Macs in corporate networks.
- Proactive protection from cross platform threats to prevent Macs from becoming carriers and spread malicious code across the network.
- Centralized management of ESET products from a single console.
- Universal installer package for remote deployment using existing tools.
- Removable media control that blocks USB, Firewire, CD/DVD devices.
Additional benefits for Mac business users:
- Flexible scheduling tasks - An integrated scheduler allows to plan tasks to run on the system like virus signature updates and on-demand computer scan.
- Advanced scanning settings - Scans can be configured to suit the needs and requirements of IT professionals.
- Full Screen Mode - No disruptions from alerts and information windows when running full screen applications like games or presentations.
- Security settings control – Allows to define users who can alter security features.
And there is good news for home users as well. This month, ESET also introduced a security solution for smartphone users running Windows Mobile and Symbian. ESET Mobile Security delivers unparalleled data and identity security and protection against emerging threats. In its September 2010 review of mobile security solutions, AV-Comparatives, an independent testing institution, found ESET Mobile Security to be a straightforward and effective solution delivering constant guard against viruses. More information about ESET Mobile Security, its features and benefits can be found here.
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for the home and business segment. The industry leader in proactive malware detection, ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100 Awards," never to have missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998.
ESET has global headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia and offices in San Diego, USA; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Prague, Czech Republic; Singapore and an extensive partner network in more than 180 countries. In 2008, ESET has opened a new research center in Krakow, Poland. ESET was named by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the region of Europe, Middle East and Africa.