Organizations need to know when an unapproved software has been installed, then are required to remediate the software afterwards.
- Set up a dynamic group within ESET Security Management Center to look for a specific unwanted piece of software.
- Create a notification to alert the IT department when a computer meets this criterion.
- Set up a software uninstall task in the ESET Security Management Center to execute automatically when a computer meets the dynamic group criteria.
- Set up a user notification that automatically pops up on the user’s screen indicating that they committed a software installation violation by installing the above software.
The ESET difference
Single Pane of Glass
All ESET Endpoint products running on Windows, macOS, Linux can be managed from a single ESET Security Management Center instance. In addition, ESET Security Management Center supports full Mobile Device Management (MDM) of Android and iOS devices.
ESET Security Management Center can be installed on Windows, Linux or via Virtual Appliance. After installation all management is done via a web-console, allowing easy access and management from any device or operating system.
Granular Policy Control
Organizations can set up multiple policies for the same computer or group and can nest policies for inherited permissions. In addition, organizations can configure policy settings as user-configurable, so you can lock down any number of settings from the end-users.
ESET Security Management Center fully supports SIEM tools and can output all log information in the widely accepted JSON or LEEF format.
Looking for the complete security of your network?
Related enterprise-grade solutions
Related products and services
- ESET Endpoint Security
Award-winning multilayered technology combining machine learning, big data and human expertise.
- ESET Dynamic Threat Defense
Cloud-based sandboxing technology that detects never before seen or zero-day threats.
- ESET Enterprise Inspector
EDR tool that detects APTs, targeted attacks, file-less attacks and enables risk assessment and forensic investigation.
- ESET Deployment & Upgrade
Fast, seamless customer support for all new deployments or upgrades.
Stay on top of cybersecurity news
Brought to you by awarded and recognized security researchers from ESET's 13 global R&D centers.