The first layer works with our proprietary antispam technology, which filters spam messages with almost 100% accuracy as shown by 3rd party testing. The second layer is our antimalware scanner, which detects suspicious attachments. An additional layer can be implemented in the form of a cloud sandbox with ESET Dynamic Threat Defense.
ESET Mail Security solutions use in-house developed anti-spam, anti-phishing and host server protection, combining machine learning, big data and human expertise into one, award-winning mail security platform.
Robust quarantine management
In case messages are quarantined, users receive emails via which they can handle the message management themselves. In addition, administrators can have summary reports sent to them on a regular basis. However, if ever someone is waiting for an email message, an administrator can easily decide to delete or release messages from a central quarantine.
Ransomware tends to enter unsuspecting users’ mailboxes through email.
- ESET Mail Security evaluates the attachment to determine whether it is malicious, unknown or safe.
- ESET Mail Security evaluates whether specific email rules were entered by an administrator to prevent certain attachment types or sizes from being sent to users.
- If ESET Mail Security is unsure of the potential threat, it can forward the attachment to the additional solution – ESET Dynamic Threat Defense for analysis.
- Dynamic Threat Defense analyzes the sample in a cloud sandbox, then submits the result back to Mail Security within minutes.
- If the file was found to be malicious, ESET Mail Security automatically destroys the email that contained the malicious content.
The ESET difference
Using our own proprietary award-winning engine, spam is prevented from ever reaching your users’ mailboxes. Includes SPF and DKIM validation, backscatter protection and SMTP protection.
Our second layer of protection built into ESET Mail Security provides detection of suspicious or malicious attachments to prevent users from being infected.
Prevents users from accessing web pages known for phishing by parsing messages body and subjects to identify URLs. URLs are then compared against phishing database and rules to decide whether they are good or bad.
Hybrid office 365 scanning
Supports businesses who utilize Microsoft Exchange in a hybrid setup.
ESET’s comprehensive rule system allows administrators to manually define email filtering conditions and actions to take with filtered emails.
Emails are automatically provided to users about their spam emails that were quarantined. Then users have the ability to log in and manage their own spam rather than this solely being managed by the administrator.
ESET MAIL SECURITY FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SERVER
- Operating systems:
Microsoft Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 SP2,
Microsoft Small Business Server 2011, 2008,
- Mail Servers:
Microsoft Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Compatible with ESET Security Management Center and ESET Remote Administrator 6. See more information about remote management compatibility.
Looking for the complete security of your network?
Related bundled solutions
Stay on top of cybersecurity news
Brought to you by awarded and recognized security researchers from ESET's 13 global R&D centers.
ESET, a global leader in cybersecurity, has achieved Champion status globally for the first time in Canalys Cybersecurity Leadership Matrix 2019.
ESET, a global cybersecurity solutions provider, announced today a new distribution agreement with TechnoBind, India’s first specialist distributor for data and associated domains. As part of the...