Non-persistent hardware environments typically require manual interaction from an IT department or create reporting and visibility nightmares.
- After deploying a master image to computers already present in ESET Security Management Center, computers will continue reporting to the previous instance despite a complete re-image of the system.
- Machines that after the end of a work shift return back to their initial state will not cause duplicate machines and instead will be matched into one record.
- On deployment of non-persistent images, you can create an image that includes the agent, then whenever a new machine is created with another hardware fingerprint, it automatically will create new records in ESET Security Management Center.
The ESET difference
Native support of NSX automation
Supports Micro Segmentation and automatic task execution that automatically moves infected machines to a different micro segment, to prevent malware spread, and executes scanning. Once a machine is proven clean, it is returned to the original place.
When VMs are moved from one host to a different one, where ESET Virtualization is installed, the VM keeps its security settings and remains them fully protected.
Optimized for high performance
ESET's scanning engine is well-known for its low system demands and high speed, thus leaving more resources for other applications and processes. In combination with the support of vMotion optimum performance from the whole virtual environment is ensured.
Once ESET Security Management Center – which comes as a virtual appliance too – is installed, ESET Virtualization Security appliances can be deployed on multiple hosts at once.
3rd party integration
ESET Virtualization Security supports native integration with 3rd party security solutions, using VMware Service Composer.
The information displayed in ESET Security Management Center is the same as in the vCenter. It also simplifies deployment, as all components can be deployed using a tool which connects to the VMware vCenter.
The solution is manageable via ESET Security Management Center. Physical and virtual machines are managed from a single point, allowing a role-based administration and a "look & see" web-console dashboard with drill-down capabilities that can be used to execute any action that is required.
Low system demands
All on-access and on-demand scanning tasks are offloaded via VMware tools to a centralized scanner inside ESET Virtualization Security Appliance, effectively preventing AV storms and performance issues.
Looking for the complete security of your network?
Related enterprise-grade solutions
- Security Management Center
- Endpoint Protection Platform
- Cloud Sandbox Analysis
- Endpoint Detection & Response
Related products and services
- ESET Security Management Center
Real-time network security visibility, reporting and management on a single screen.
- ESET Dynamic Threat Defense
Cloud-based sandboxing technology that detects never before seen or zero-day threats.
- ESET Endpoint Antivirus
Award-winning antimalware without system slowdowns, plus remote administration.
Stay on top of cybersecurity news
Brought to you by awarded and recognized security researchers from ESET's 13 global R&D centers.
ESET will launch its latest IoT security solutions and share groundbreaking research into the security and privacy implications of smart homes and devices at Mobile World Congress (MWC) – taking place...
If you use the internet for online shopping, social media, or listening to music, you should care if your Internet of Things (IoT) devices are secure.