ESET today announced the availability of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux, the company's new security solutions for corporate workstations and home computers running Linux. ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux capitalizes on the award-winning ThreatSense engine to deliver advanced protection against cyber threats with minimal impact on system performance. “Given the importance of consumer and business usage of Linux, it is essential to equip users with advanced security software to protect against cyber-attacks," said Richard Marko, CEO of ESET. “With ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux, ESET’s protection is now available for all major platforms and this ensures up-to-date protection against threats aimed at Linux, Windows or Mac OS,” he added. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux offers complete protection against cross-platform and emerging threats, enhancing the security of Linux platforms. The scanning engine automatically detects and cleans malicious code, including threats designed for Windows and Mac based systems. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop includes ESET Remote Administrator, which provides IT administrators with a management console to control an entire network from a single screen — supporting tens or thousands of heterogeneous computers. With the latest addition, ESET now delivers advanced protection to more than 100 million Linux, Windows and Mac users worldwide.
Key Benefits and Features
- Smart Detection and Proactive Cross-Platform Protection – Advanced heuristics technology delivers real-time, proactive protection from malware, hacker attacks and exploits. Product protects against Linux, Windows, and Mac malware.
- Small System Footprint – The unique build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop has been optimized to perfectly match the system environment. ESET engineered a smart solution with one of the lowest system footprints on the market ensuring fast startup and smooth performance.
- Graphical User Interface – Optional graphical user interface which delivers intuitive access to features includes full screen mode, informative graphs, statistics and scheduler.
- Security Settings Control – Defines which user accounts have the capability to change settings, so unauthorized users cannot disable or lessen protection
- Streamlined Management – Easy management and oversight of network security across all platforms allows to push tasks and updates and apply security policies from a single console.
- Removable Media Access Control - Scans or blocks usage of USB, FireWire, CD/DVD devices to minimize risk of infection or data loss.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux will be available in 15 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Czech, Canadian French, Latinoamerican Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese.