ESET launches ESET Cybersecurity for Mac
ESET, the producer of acclaimed ESET NOD32 Antivirus proudly announces the release of a security solution for the Mac platform. Aimed for the home user, ESET Cybersecurity offers complete protection against cross-platform and emerging threats, making Macs even safer. Advanced ThreatSense® scanning engine automatically detects and cleans malicious code, including threats designed for the Windows operating systems.Richard Marko, CTO at ESET underlines that "ESET Cybersecurity complements your Mac's security features with unique proactive detection technology. Capable of intercepting threats that target multiple platforms - Mac, Windows and Linux, this product delivers unrivaled, comprehensive protection."
- Smart Detection: ESET Cybersecurity focuses on real-time detection of malware utilizing advanced heuristics to help protect the users from unknown threats. It uses generic signatures and proactive technology to help detect unfamiliar mutations of known malware types. Given that computers are most vulnerable to internet threats during the window between the threat outbreak and the signature update, ESET ThreatSense® technology minimizes the risk exposure.
- Small System Footprint: ESET has engineered a smart solution with one of the lowest system footprints on the market ensuring fast startup and smooth performance.
- Exchangeable Media Access Control: It is crucial to control the use of exchangeable media and stem any infiltration through this vector. Prevention of infection via exchangeable media is especially important when huge volumes of data is being transferred physically between workstations.
- Scanning for Cross-Platform Threats: Scanning for threats coded for the Mac platform, ESET Cybersecurity has the capability to detect Windows-targeted threats, which may not harm the Mac itself, but could affect Windows-based systems.
- Advanced Scanning Settings:The advanced scanning function includes customizable features, like variable scanning depth, file size and time-out for the scanned object. Users can set the maximum depth, scanning time and size of the archive to be screened.
- Updates: ESET Cybersecurity offers two modes to perform virus signature database updates, either everytime the system is rebooted, or whenever new updates become available.
- Removable Media Scanning: External media for the Mac are scanned for malware infiltrations either on-access or on-demand.
ESET Cybersecurity requires 32-bit or 64-bit Intel® processors and supports Mac OS X 10.5.x (Leopard) and Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard). The product requires 35MB disk space (download). ESET Cybersecurity will be available in 16 languages English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Czech, French Canadian, Spanish Latinoamerican, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Portuguese Brazilian.
For more information please visit:
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for the home and business segment. The industry leader in proactive malware detection, ESET's NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100 Awards," never to have missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET has headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia and offices in San Diego, USA; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Prague, Czech Republic and Singapore, and an extensive partner network in 180 countries. In addition, ESET is operating a research center in Krakow, Poland. ESET was named by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the region of Europe, Middle East and Africa.