ESET Launches Next Generation Business Endpoint Solutions: ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security with Web Control
ESET, the leader in proactive protection celebrating 25 years of its technology this year, today announced the launch of a new line of products for business customers – ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus. With the new product line, ESET is strengthening its focus on the business segment. Both ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security come standard with ESET Remote Administrator. The more feature-rich ESET Endpoint Security adds Web Control, Two-way Firewall and Client Antispam.
The small system footprint coupled with advanced remote management of clients make these ideally-suited solutions for any size company with focus on the business customers’ individual needs. Utilizing multiple layers of detection of malware, boasting the ThreatSense scanning engine and ESET Live Grid – the in the cloud file reputation service, the next generation ESET Endpoint Solutions delivers industry-leading proactive protection against emerging threats.
“ESET software is utilized by more than 100 million users worldwide and I am proud to announce that after rigorous development we can offer this new advanced product line for business market. We are thrilled to celebrate the 25th anniversary of NOD32 technology with the launch of ESET Endpoint Solutions,” says Richard Marko, ESET CEO.
The new generation of ESET Endpoint Solutions continues in a long tradition of high–quality products in the business line bringing more than a dozen new features and benefits. Proof of this is the new Web Control (limits access to websites by category), Device Control and enhancements to the ESET Remote Administrator in the form of Role-Based Management, Rollback of Updates, Real-time Web Dashboard, Randomized Task Execution, Multiple Log Formats, RSA Envision Support and Microsoft NAP Support.
ESET Endpoint Solutions are built on ESET’s award-winning NOD32 technology to deliver protection specifically tailored for the business and enterprise segment. “With the new ESET Endpoint Solutions, we can provide our business customers with an even safer way of accessing the internet. New technologies have been added to prevent attacks, connections to potentially unwanted/unsafe systems and to prevent exposure of privacy-sensitive data. In combination with ESET’s powerful In-the-Cloud Reputation System, ESET Endpoint Security is ready for the next level of cyber threats,” says ESET Senior Research Fellow Righard Zwienenberg.
Along with Endpoint Solutions, ESET is releasing latest versions of other business products: ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server, ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server Core and ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino.
Highlights of ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security (including ESET Remote Administrator)
ESET Endpoint Security offers:
- Web Control – This feature limits access to websites by category, enabling the administrator to define rules for user groups to comply with company policies, regulate and monitor the web pages accessed based on multiple website categories (gaming, social networking, shopping, and others). Websites are automatically classified into categories via cloud-based service. The admin can opt to block those sites generating high volume of traffic, conserve company network bandwidth and comply with company Internet acceptable usage policies.
- Client Antispam – Effectively filters out spam on the user's endpoint device.
- Two-way Firewall – Prevents unauthorized access to company network and provides anti-hacker protection and data exposure prevention.
Both solutions offer:
- Device Control – Blocks unauthorized media and devices from the system and allows setting rules/parameters for specific media, devices, users and clients.
- Antivirus / Antispyware – Eliminates all types of threats, including viruses, rootkits, worms and spyware and offers new optional cloud-powered scanning: Whitelisting of safe files based on file reputation database in the cloud. Here, only information about executable and archive files is sent to the cloud.
- ESET Remote Administrator – Allows managing all ESET security solutions using a central management console that comes with the new Role-based Management, giving the option to assign different privileges to different ESET Remote Administrator users. Furthermore, the solution allows performing audit of ESET Remote Administrator users and enforcing password complexity via ESET Remote Administrator.
ESET, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning NOD32 technology which is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. The Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET has been selected as one of the most innovative companies in Europe for the 2011 HSBC European Business Awards and holds number of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV Test and other organizations. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cyber Security for Mac are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; with offices in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Prague (Czech Republic). ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Cracow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network for 180 countries.