ESET Releases ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 and ESET Smart Security 6 with Anti-Theft, a dedicated Anti-Phishing Module and ESET Social Media Scanner
ESET, the leader in proactive digital protection - developing award-winning technology for more than 25 years, announces the release of its flagship products’: ESET Smart Security 6 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6. ESET Smart Security 6 provides all-in-one internet security, while ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 is a fast and powerful antivirus solution. The new generation provides even greater detection of infiltrations, improved cleaning and faster scanning due to the updated engine. Customers have valued ESET technology for the past 25 years especially because of reliable and fast detection. Furthermore, the ESET Social Media Scanner App also comes standard with ESET Smart Security 6 as well as ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6, protecting against Facebook threats.
“ESET Core Development has worked hard on redesigning the whole scanning engine, which is central to all ESET products. Now, due to faster processing of our engine, scanning itself is more effective. These products incorporate the new third generation of the ESET’s ThreatSense® and ThreatSense.Net® Advanced Heuristics with LiveGrid®”,
says Pavel Luka ESET Chief Technology Officer.
Another important part of core technology enhancements is improved malware cleaning. A lot of focus has been dedicated to addressing challenging malware families, which resulted in a deeply revamped cleaning module that is even more effective in malware removal, as confirmed by an independent testing lab AV-Comparatives.
“ESET’s score of 86 points for malware removal in the latest AV-Comparatives product review**, places ESET V6 products (2013 version) among the top products within the malware removal test. This improvement and the increased detection rates highlight ESET’s continued commitment to research and development”,
says Andreas Clementi, Chairman of AV-Comparatives.
ESET Social Media Scanner protects social media users from malicious content, including their profile, wall, newsfeed and private messages, even when the user is not logged in. If an infection is found, a notification arrives by email, so that immediate action can be taken. The app also helps the user’s friends stay a safe distance from malicious content, checking their walls for potentially dangerous links.
The Anti-Theft feature helps locate missing notebooks and makes it possible to monitor activity on lost or stolen devices, while the introduction of a dedicated Anti-Phishing module offers complex protection against digital identity theft.
According to the global Online Security Brand Tracker Survey*, worldwide protection against phishing websites is the most valued among computer users with 68% considering this function important, while protection against data theft is seen as the third most valued in AV products. In the latest AV-Comparatives Product Test**, ESET Smart Security 6 ranked as one of the most effective products blocking almost 94% of threats. The dedicated Anti-Phishing module in V6 includes an extended database of phishing sites as well as verified reports by users via phishing.eset.com. The Anti-theft feature was among the most popular, with 546 million respondents considering a worthwhile feature for deleting and locking the stored data in case a notebook is lost or stolen, as well as locating the missing device. The survey confirms that the majority of users, around 80% worldwide, do have a need to protect their data and devices on the go as they use notebooks to connect to the Internet.
“At ESET we do not want our customers to pay extra for what we consider an integral part of a complex personal security. We are among the first vendors that instead of offering it as a standalone application, have added the new Anti-Theft feature into the product at no extra cost,” adds Ignacio Sbampato, ESET Chief Sales and Marketing Officer.
Both Version 6 products have received the Windows 8 Certification and use the “Windows 8 Compatible” logo, they are available in the localized Microsoft’s Company Windows 8 Store.
Selected features and benefits of ESET Smart Security 6
• Anti-Theft – Automatically monitors a missing device and displays its position on a map based on visible Wi-Fi networks in range when it comes online.
• Anti-Phishing Module - Protects the user from attempts to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords or banking and credit card details by fake websites masquerading as trustworthy ones.
• Personal Firewall – Prevents unauthorized users accessing the computer and taking advantage of personal data. The users can go online without worries to shop, bank and use social media.
• Parental Control – Helps keep kids safe on the Internet with categories of sites to block depending on age.
• Idle-State Scanning – Performs in-depth scans when the computer is not used, aiding system performance and detecting potential inactive threats before they can cause any damage.
Selected features and benefits of both ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 and ESET Smart Security 6
• ESET Social Media Scanner – it protects the social media user and their friends from malicious content, including profile, the wall, newsfeed and private messages.
• Antivirus and Antispyware - Provides proactive protection against all types of online/offline threats and prevents malware spreading to other users.
• Cloud-powered Scanning - Speeds up scans by whitelisting safe files based on ESET’s file reputation database.
• Scan While Downloading Files - Decreases access time to downloaded files by scanning them already during the download process.
All-in-One Internet Security
Antivirus | Antispyware | Antispam | Anti-Theft | Firewall
Parental Control | Anti-Phishing | Social Media Scanner
Powerful Fast Antivirus
Antivirus | Antispyware | Gamer Mode | Anti-Phishing
Cloud-powered Scanning | Social Media Scanner
* Online Security Brand Tracker wave 7 is a global research project measuring brand performance of leading security software products in the home user segment. The survey is representative of 1.3 billion Internet users across six continents. Its objective is to gain knowledge of the current situation and trends on key markets; obtain market information and interpretations to manage sales and marketing activities of ESET, as well as technological development of its products. The number of selected countries was 49; field work was carried out by InSites Consulting (Belgium) on online panels of respondents, with analysis conducted by United Consultants (Slovakia) throughout April– May 2012).
** AV-Comparatives, Single Product Test, January 2013 (PDF)
ESET, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning NOD32 technology which is celebrating its 25th anniversary, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. The Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. By obtaining the 75th VB100 award in September 2012, ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET has been selected as one of the most innovative companies in Europe for the 2011 HSBC European Business Awards and holds number of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV-TEST and other organizations. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cyber Security (solution for Mac) are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; with offices in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Prague (Czech Republic). ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Kracow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network for 180 countries.