ESET Releases Beta Version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Mac OS X and Linux
Today, ESET has released its new products - ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Mac OS X and Linux - for public Beta testing. By developing a security solution for Linux and Mac, ESET is responding to the user demand, as well as the vulnerability of these operating systems to exploits.
The need to extend protection to these platforms stems from the fact that they have been known to act as a carrier for computer threats infecting other workstations in the network running on the Microsoft Windows platform. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Mac and ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux , respectively meet the demanding criteria for advanced PC protection, detecting threats engineered for a multitude of platforms.
All ESET products employ advanced heuristic analysis that creates a layer of defense against emerging threats and use generic signatures for reliable detection of mutations of known viruses.
Main features of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Mac OS and Linux include:
- Automatically detects and cleans malware – including threats designed for Windows, Mac OS X as well as cross-platform malware.
- Advanced scan setup options - ESET NOD32 for Mac OS X enables you to adjust size, time and depth limits for scanning files, archives and other objects.
- Automatically scans removable media to close this widely used infiltration vector
- Protects your system in real time – all file actions, such as Copy, Move, Download are automatically controlled in the background. Focusing on entry points – email attachments, removable media, and downloaded files – ESET NOD32 for MAC OS X ensures that harmful applications are eliminated before any damage can be inflicted.
- Includes comprehensive charts and statistics – all important malware-related stats are directly accessible from the graphical user interface. You can view information on detected threats, detailed scan logs, as well as real-time file-system activity reports.
- Offers intuitive, streamlined graphical user interface (GUI) to enhance the overall user experience, making your job easier
Regular updates of virus signature database The products for beta testers are available for download at: www.eset.eu/download/beta
Founded in 1992, ESET is a global provider of security solutions for enterprises and consumers. ESET is a market leader in proactive detection of malware. Thanks to its ThreatSense.Net® technology, it is able to collect data on a volunteer basis from users all around the world, allowing it to react flexibly to emerging threats. It‘s ESET NOD32 Antivirus has been ranked by the independent AV-Comparatives testing lab as the best antivirus product worldwide (2006, 2007). ESET has offices in Bratislava, SK; San Diego, USA; Prague, CZ; Buenos Aires, AR; and has an extensive partner network in 180 countries. In 2008, ESET has opened a new research center in Krakow, Poland. ESET was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the region of Europe, Middle East and Africa.