A single layer of defense is not enough for today's constantly evolving threat landscape. All ESET products have the ability to detect malware pre-execution, during execution and post-execution. An additional layer can be implemented in the form of cloud sandbox analysis with ESET Dynamic Threat Defense. By focusing not just on a specific part of the malware lifecycle, this allows ESET to provide the highest level of protection possible.
ESET File Security solutions are managed from a single-pane-of-glass that can be installed on Windows or Linux. In addition to installation, ESET has a virtual appliance that you can simply import in for quick and easy setup.
All ESET products currently use machine learning in conjunction with all of our other layers of defense and have done so since 1997. Specifically, machine learning is used in the form of consolidated output and neural networks.
Some Businesses want extra insurances that they will be protected from Ransomware attacks. In addition, they want to ensure their network drives are safe from being encrypted.
- Network Attack Protection has the ability to prevent ransomware from ever infecting a system by stopping exploits at the network level.
- Our multilayered defense features an in-product sandbox that has the ability to detect malware that attempts to evade detection by using obfuscation.
- Leverage ESET’s cloud malware protection system to automatically protect against new threats without the need to wait for the next detection update. Typical turnaround time of 20 minutes.
- All products contain post-execution protection in the form of Ransomware Shield to ensure that businesses are protected from malicious file encryption.
- If ESET File Security is unsure of a potential threat, it has the ability to upload the sample to ESET’s Cloud Sandbox, Dynamic Threat Defense, to make the highest quality decision on whether something is malicious.
The ESET difference
Behavioral Detection - HIPS
ESET's Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) monitors system activity and uses a pre-defined set of rules to recognize and stop suspicious system behavior.
An additional layer protecting users from ransomware. Our technology monitors and evaluates all executed applications based on their behavior and reputation. It is designed to detect and block processes that resemble behavior of ransomware.
Network Attack Protection
ESET Network Attack Protection improves detection of known vulnerabilities on the network level. It constitutes another important layer of protection against spreading malware, network-conducted attacks, and exploitation of vulnerabilities, for which a patch has not yet been released or deployed.
ESET Botnet Protection detects malicious communication used by botnets, and at the same time identifies the offending processes. Any detected malicious communication is blocked and reported to the user.
Office 365 OneDrive Storage
After registration is done on a single server, ESET has the ability to scan OneDrive to provide visibility and monitor the trusted source of company storage.
Optional Cloud Sandbox Analysis
ESET Dynamic Threat Defense provides another layer of security for ESET File Security solutions by utilizing a cloud-based sandboxing technology to detect new, never before seen type of threats.
AMSI/Protected Service Support
ESET products leverage the Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI) to provide enhanced malware protection for users, data, applications, and workload. In addition, it utilizes the protected service interface that is a new security module built into Windows that only allows trusted, signed code to load and better protect against code injection attacks.
ESET products continue to excel in the performance arena and win third-party tests that prove how light-weight our endpoints are on systems. ESET File Security solutions are built on 64-bit core and include DLL modules to ensure more RAM saving, faster computer startup times and allow native support of future Windows updates.
ESET FILE SECURITY FOR MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER
- Operating systems:
Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003
Microsoft Windows Server Core 2016, 2012, 2008R2, 2008
Microsoft Small Business Server 2011, 2008, 2003R2, 2003
- Compatible with ESET Security Management Center and ESET Remote Administrator 6. See more information about remote management compatibility.
Looking for the complete security of your network?
Related enterprise-grade solutions
ESET Dynamic Endpoint Protection
- Security Management Center
- Endpoint Protection Platform
- Cloud Sandbox Analysis
Related products and services
- ESET Security Management Center
Real-time network security visibility, reporting and management on a single screen.
- ESET Dynamic Threat Defense
Cloud-based sandboxing technology detects never before seen or zero-day threats.
- ESET Mail Security
Powerful server malware protection, spam filtering and email scanning for all major email platforms.