Malware writers are driven by profit motives and political agendas and show no sign of slowing down. Spyware, trojans, worms, rootkits, bots and phishing attacks are all on the rise, accounting for more than two thirds of all data breaches. In order to steal your business' valuable information or disrupt your business activities cybercriminals are constantly changing their malicious code or tactics to evade security defenses. ESET's proactive security solutions help your business stay protected, and ESET Threat Center provides your organization with the up-to-date resources to stay informed of the evolving threat landscape.
- 69% of data breach incidents in 2011 involved malware and these led to the exposure of over 165 million records, that’s 95% of all records exposed (Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report)
- Companies can expect costs of around $200 per record exposed in a data breach and in 2011 the median annualized cost of cybercrime incurred by a representative sample of organizations was $5.9 million per year. This was an increase of 56 percent from the previous year (Ponemon Institute)
- More than 80% of currently employed Americans use at least one personally owned digital device to carry out work-related functions and 66% of them say their employer has no BYOD policy (Harris Interactive)
- Almost two thirds of working Americans say they have received no security training from their employer and one in four say they have been a victim of malware or hacking on a computing device they own (Harris Interactive)
Global Threat Reports
If you are interested in beta testing our new products, click here for our Beta program.
Malware Research Organizations
- AMTSO, the Anti-Malware Testing Standards Organization:
- AV-Test.org, the independent IT-Security Institute: www.av-test.org
- AVAR, the Association of Anti Virus Asia Researchers: www.aavar.org
- AVIEN (Anti-Virus Information Exchange Network) includes the former AVIEWS (Anti-Virus Information & Early Warning System): www.avien.net