ESET®, a global pioneer in IT security, today introduced two major compatibility updates for its endpoint security solutions. Focusing on expanding protection for enterprise customers, ESET Remote Administrator is now compatible with IBM QRadar, a security information and event management tool for collecting and analyzing security log data. In addition, ESET Virtualization Security now includes native support for VMware NSX, further growing ESET’s solutions for the popular VMware platform.
While cyberattacks continue to escalate in frequency, severity and impact, most organizations tend to stagnate with infrastructure improvements. According to Gartner, by 2020, 60 percent of digital businesses will suffer major service failures due to the inability of IT security teams to manage digital risk, and 60 percent of enterprise information security budgets will be allocated for rapid detection and response approaches, up from less than 30 percent in 2016. Organizations that successfully establish an ecosystem that balances protecting and growing the business will remain competitive and in a position to address cybersecurity threats.
"Enterprises are now more than ever the target of cybercriminal groups, with attacks more coordinated and disrupting critical organizational assets such as customer databases, intellectual property and physical assets driven by information systems,” said ESET Senior Product Manager, Business Security, Michael Jankech. “As this situation intensifies, we have seen increased interest in our enterprise solutions.”
ESET Remote Administrator is designed to empower IT staff to oversee the entire network, from a single point. With the integration of IBM QRadar, companies will benefit from the flexibility of ESET Remote Administrator while taking advantage of IBM’s core competency in infrastructure deployment. Major improvements include:
· IBM QRadar Integration: All major ESET events are exported in LEEF format, which is natively recognized by IBM QRadar. ESET Remote Administrator is shown as a “Log Source” in the IBM QRadar console.
· Multi-tenancy: Ideal for large enterprises with one centralized server and different admins managing only endpoints in their respective locations, or for MSPs managing multiple customers from a single server but who need to ensure that customers are not able to see the data of other users.
· iOS Mobile Device Management: Integrated directly into ESET Remote Administrator, now supports Apple Device Enrollment Program and offers extended functionalities of app white/black listing, web filtering, device security settings and notifications, anti-theft and others.
ESET Virtualization Security is a VMware, vShield-based solution that allows offloading of AV scanning to a central machine. Paired with ESET Remote Administrator 6, it allows for simple management, automation and control over all protected computers / devices on the network, including physical desktops, servers and virtual machines.
· Native support for VMware NSX automation: ESET Virtualization Security natively supports micro-segmentation and automatic task execution that automatically moves infected machines to a different micro-segment, to prevent the spread of malware, and executes scanning. Automatic deployment of ESET Virtualization Security appliances to hosts newly connected to NSX Manager allows instant protection of newly added virtual hosts and virtualized workloads.
· Easy to deploy: As soon as ESET Remote Administrator is installed, ESET Virtualization Security appliances can be deployed on multiple hosts at once.
· Superior performance: VM infrastructure is about optimizing resources and performance, and ESET’s scanning engine exactly meets these requirements. It is well-known for its low system demands and high speed, leaving more resources for other applications and processes.
To learn more about ESET Remote Administrator and other business solutions, visit eset.com.
For 30 years, ESET® has been developing industry-leading IT security software and services for businesses and consumers worldwide. With solutions ranging from endpoint and mobile security, to encryption and two-factor authentication, ESET’s high-performing, easy-to-use products give consumers and businesses the peace of mind to enjoy the full potential of their technology. ESET unobtrusively protects and monitors 24/7, updating defenses in real-time to keep users safe and businesses running without interruption. Evolving threats require an evolving IT security company. Backed by R&D centers worldwide, ESET becomes the first IT security company to earn 100 Virus Bulletin VB100 awards, identifying every single “in-the-wild” malware without interruption since 2003. For more information visit www.eset.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.